CHRIS CHANDLER began teaching in 1997 as an Occasional Teacher with the legacy Toronto Board of Education, and has since been a Contract Teacher at Bloor CI, North Toronto CI, West Humber CI and Central Technical School. He was one of the founding teachers of the Law in Action Within Schools (LAWS) program, developed and taught an interdisciplinary martial arts and history program at Central Technical School, and was the Curriculum Leader of its English Department.
He began his work for OSSTF members in 1999 as a Co-Branch President at West Humber CI. He has held various branch executive positions, and became Branch President at Central Technical School in 2009. Before serving on the Executive, Chris worked on the TTBU Member Engagement Committee, the TTBU Budget and District Finance Committees, the D12 Communications Committee, and the TTBU Collective Bargaining Committee. Chris has also been a delegate to the OSSTF/FEESO Annual Meeting of the Provincial Assembly for many years, and a delegation whip.
Chris is currently a Provincial Councilor, the Chair of the Provincial OSSTF/FEESO Health and Safety/Workplace Safety and Insurance Act Committee, a member of the OSSTF/FEESO Environmental Advisory Work Group, a member of the OSSTF/FEESO Community Organizing Ad-Hoc Advisory Work Group, and is the founding Labour Co-Chair of the TDSB Joint Management Labour Environment Committee, struck between the Board and OSSTF Toronto, the Elementary Teachers of Toronto, CUPE 4400 and the Maintenance and Construction Skilled Trades Council, to work on increasing the environmental sustainability of the Board’s operations.
Chris is also a member of the Ontario Federation of Labour’s Environment and Green Jobs Committee, and represents the TDSB’s unionized workers on the City of Toronto’s Green Will Initiative.
Chris was elected to the Executive in June 2015, and as Vice-President in June 2021.
Phone: 416 393 8900 ext. 241
- Eco Committee Liaison
- Elections Commission Liaison
- Joint Management Labour Environment Committee Co-Chair (OSSTF, ETT, MCSTC, CUPE & TDSB)
- Communications and Political Action Committee (CPAC) Executive Liaison/CPAC Officer (back up)
- TTBU Annual Celebration Dinner (May) Co-coordinator
- District Celebration Dinner (June) Co-coordinator
- Student Achievement Awards Night Event Co-coordinator
- Labour Day Parade Co-coordinator
- Communications/Social Media/Media Relations Liaison (back up)
- Community Relations Liaison (back up)
- Staffing Officer
- Grievance Officer
- TTBU Alternate Heath & Safety Inspector