CHRIS CHANDLER began teaching in 1997 as an Occasional Teacher with the legacy Toronto Board of Education, and has since been a Contract Teacher at Bloor CI, North Toronto CI, West Humber CI and Central Technical School. He was one of the founding teachers of the Law in Action Within Schools (LAWS) program, developed and taught an interdisciplinary martial arts and history course at Central Tech, and was the Curriculum Leader of its English Department.
He began his work for OSSTF members in 1999 as a Co-Branch President at West Humber CI. He has held various branch executive positions, and became Branch President at Central Technical school in 2009. Before serving on the Executive, Chris worked on the TTBU Member Engagement Committee, the TTBU Budget and District Finance Committees, the District Communications Committee, and the TTBU Collective Bargaining Committee. Chris has also been a delegate to AMPA for many years, and a delegation whip.
He is the Chair of the Provincial OSSTF Health and Safety/Workplace Safety and Insurance Act Committee, and is the founding Co-chair of the TDSB Joint Management Labour Environment Committee, struck between the Board and all its worker unions.
Chris was elected to the Executive in June 2015, and as Vice-President in June 2021.
Phone: 416 393 8900 ext. 241
- Communications and Political Action Committee (CPAC) Executive Liaison/CPAC Officer
- TTBU Budget Committee and District Finance Committee Liaison Back-Up
- Co-Chair: Joint Management Labour Environment Committee (OSSTF, ETT, MCSTC, CUPE & TDSB)
- TTBU Annual Celebration Dinner (May) Co-coordinator
- District Celebration Dinner (June) Co-coordinator
- Student Achievement Awards Night Event Co-coordinator
- Labour Day Parade Co-coordinator
- Communications/Social Media/Media Relations Liaison Back-Up
- Coaches' Association Liaison Back-Up
- Community Relations Liaison Co/Back-Up
- Provincial Councillor
- Staffing Officer
- Grievance Officer
- TTBU Alternate Heath & Safety Inspector