The EAP provides access to short-term counselling away from the workplace, where your problems can be resolved in an environment of understanding and strict privacy. It provides confidential, professional consultation and assistance for you and your family around the following problems:
- family and marital relationships
- work and personal/family balance
- personal and emotional difficulties
- depressions, anxiety and stress
- workplace stress
- alcoholism and drug dependency
- grief and bereavement issues
- childcare/eldercare issues
- legal and financial concerns.
FGI is the company that administers and runs the confidential counselling and information services for the EAP.
The Employee Assistance Program website requires you to enter a username and password to access it. They are not person specific, they are specific to the employer. The reason for this is so the EAP can gear the information on that part of the website to a particular employee group.