The Black, Indigenous, and Workers of Colour (BIWOC) Committee is now accepting nominations for this year’s award.
If you know an OSSTF Toronto Member who has:
- Advocated for issues of concern to Black, Indigenous, and Workers of Colour and/or Students of Colour resulting in the advancement of OSSTF Toronto and/ or public education.
- Incorporated antiracism and decolonization into our union and/or education system to better address the concerns of Black, Indigenous, and Workers of Colour and Students of Colour over the long-term.
… you should nominate them. The nomination form can be downloaded below.
The selection of the successful applicant will be based on:
- the scope of the antiracism/ decolonization work
- the length of time involved in that activity
- the impact on the life of fellow members, the students or community
For clarity, it is acceptable to nominate a team for the award.
The deadline for nominations is: March 25, 2022
Questions can be directed to Danica Izzard at firstname.lastname@example.org