MEDIA ADVISORY – ETFO holds press conference alongside education partners to share concerns about government’s plan to make virtual learning permanent
May 3, 2021, TORONTO, ON – The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) will host a virtual press conference on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, to share its concerns about the Ford government’s plan to make virtual (remote) learning permanent. ETFO President Sam Hammond will be joined by presidents of Ontario unions representing education workers, and other education stakeholders, including several parent advocacy groups.
TIME: 9:30 a.m. A media availability, via Zoom only, will follow remarks.
WHO: ETFO President Sam Hammond will be joined by:
- Harvey Bischof, President, Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF/FEESO)
- Dr. Carol Campbell, Associate Professor, Leadership and Educational Change,
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- Annie Kidder, Executive Director, People for Education
- Laura Kirby-McIntosh, Past President and current Executive member, Ontario Autism Coalition (OAC)
- Parker Robinson, President, Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF)
- Shameela Shakeel, York Region Parent, Ontario Families for Public Education
- Romana Siddiqui, Peel Region Parent, Ontario Parent Action Network
- Liz Stuart, President, Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association (OECTA)
- Anne Vinet-Roy, présidente/President, Association des enseignantes et des
enseignants franco-ontariens (AEFO)
- Laura Walton, President, CUPE’s Ontario School Board Council of Unions (OSBCU)
ZOOM: Accredited media can register to participate in the press conference here. Please register as soon as possible.
LIVESTREAM: Members of the public can view the press conference here. A recording will be posted to etfo.ca following the event.