Health and Safety

If you are aware of an unsafe condition at work

If you are aware of an unsafe condition at work, you are advised to submit a Health and Safety Concern Form to your principal (see below). For assistance with completion of forms, or any additional inquiries, consult with your Executive Officer or with one of our Health and Safety Inspectors.


School parking lots and premises are not specifically mentioned in the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA).  Consequently, when notified,  Ministry of Labour (MoL) inspectors use the Industrial Regulations (R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 851, s. 11. Entitled Premises).  When the MoL inspector is notified (anonymously or on the record) the address, including postal code, of the workplace in question must be provided.

The MoL may be contacted at 1 (877) 202- 0008 to make a complaint.


In addition, employees may wish to take photographs that clearly reveal the accumulation of snow or ice and attach those photographs and print section 11 of  R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 851, s. 11 below and submit the documented hazard to their site supervisor (principal) as per the OHSA.

A Health & Safety Concern/ Near Miss form may be obtained on this website here, on your school’s/ worksite’s Occupational Health and Safety Bulletin Board, or at TDSBweb/Employee Services/Health & Safety/OH&S Reporting Forms.

Occupational Health and Safety Act R.P.O. 1990, Regulations 851 Industrial Establishments


  1. A floor or other surface used by any worker shall,

(a) be kept free of,

(i) obstructions,

(ii) hazards, and

(iii) accumulations of refuse, snow or ice; and

(b) not have any finish or protective material used on it that is likely to make the surface slippery.  R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 851, s. 11.