OSSTF/FEESO conducts an Annual Meeting of the Provincial Assembly (AMPA) with representatives from all its bargaining units each March in Toronto. The Provincial Assembly is the supreme legislative body of OSSTF/FEESO. It is responsible for establishing and amending Federation policies, procedures, bylaws, constitutions, budgets, the annual Strategic Action Plan, pass motions, adopt the OSSTF/FEESO budget, and electing the Provincial Executive and OTF Board of Governors.
UPDATE: Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, related restrictions, and with an abundance of caution, the Provincial Executive has made the decision to move AMPA, scheduled for Saturday, March 12, 2022 – Monday, March 14, 2022, to an online delivery model to protect the health and safety of all participants.
You must be a Member of a bargaining unit delegation to attend AMPA. The TTBU selects its delegation to AMPA via a nomination process and, if required, during an election at each December TTBU Council Meeting prior to AMPA. Only if an insufficient number of names have been submitted will nominations be accepted after the deadline.
OTBU and PSSP members should contact their respective Executives for information on joining their delegations.
Are there any obligations I have if I am an AMPA delegate?
- Delegates MUST be present to participate fully and virtually for all of AMPA from March 12 to Monday, March 14, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- Delegates must attend the planning meeting of the AMPA delegation which will take place March 3, 2022.
If you have a resolution that you would like to be considered as a TTBU motion to AMPA, it must have been received by Michelle LeBlanc (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Wednesday December 1 at 4:30pm. This would have ensured your motion is On Time for our December Council Meeting. If passed by Council, motions would then be submitted on behalf of the TTBU for AMPA. If you have any questions about AMPA, please contact our AMPA Co-cordinator, Vice-President Michael Platt (email@example.com).
- OSSTF/FEESO AMPA 2022 page
- AMPA 2022 tentative agenda
- Vol 2: AMPA Guidebook and Resolutions
- Vol 3: AMPA Reports, Strategic Action Plan, Equity Action Plan
- AMPA Rules of Order video
- Welcome to AMPA video (review of AMPA for new delegates)