In her 31st year in education, and 19th year as an elected OSSTF union representative, Leslie became President of OSSTF Toronto in January, 2018 and was elected to her first two-year term in May of that same year.
Prior to becoming President, Leslie served a total of seven years as Vice president, three years as Executive Officer, ten years as Chief Negotiator, and two years on OSSTF’s Provincial Executive.
Leslie was Chair of OSSTF District 13 (North York) Council and OSSTF District 12 Toronto Council after amalgamation. She has attended over 25 consecutive Annual Meetings of Provincial Assembly (AMPA) and has been a Provincial Councillor for at least 15 years.
Leslie began her teaching career as an OT in 1988 in both York Region and former North York Boards.. Her first full time teaching job was at Yorkdale Secondary School and Adult Learning Centre where she cut her union advocacy teeth, fighting for the maintenance of full funding for adult education. At Yorkdale Leslie held department headships in Community Outreach, Community Partnerships and Intake and Assessment, and was on the Branch Executive prior to becoming Branch President.
When the funding for adult education was changed under the Harris Tory regime in 1997, Leslie moved to Georges Vanier Secondary School as Head of Adult Education and Community Partnerships and became their OSSTF Branch President.
Leslie has taught ESL, Guidance, Coop, Family Studies, and Business, and worked with at risk students in a Resource Withdrawal Program before becoming a full time OSSTF Toronto representative.
Phone: 416 393 8900 ext. 240
- Ex-Officio Member of all committees
- Elections Commission Committee Executive Liaison
- Black, Indigenous and Workers of Colour Committee Back-up
- Campaign for Public Education Liaison
- Campaign for Public Education Banking Back-up
- Communications and Social Media
- Media Relations
- Community Relations
- Toronto & York Region Labour Council Meetings
- Office Staff Manager Back-up
- Provincial Council Records Back-up
- Retirees' Reception/Pension Workshops Back-up
- Banking and Financial Transactions Back-up
- Provincial Councillor